Friday, May 30, 2008

Meggie's officially a 1st grader!

Our baby is growing up!

Today Meghan officially graduated from kindergarten. She's so excited to be a first grader. What's so cool is her teacher will be Miss Zenteno, who she got to know 2 years ago when she was a typical peer in the autism preschool class. She LOVES her. It's going to be so great for her. Also, Miss Zenteno's dad, Dr. Zenteno, was one of Meghan's physicians when she was in the NICU at Sunrise. Small world.

This is all bittersweet. She's so happy to be bigger and I'm so sad that she's bigger. There have been lots of tears today, some from her because her new shoes were hurting her feet and she didn't want to participate in the ceremony, but mostly from me because I don't want her to grow up. She's our last kindergartener...our last baby. It's all happened so fast. Just yesterday she was our teeny, tiny, little 2-pounder we couldn't wait to get home and now she's an independant, strong-willed little girl who is so full of life.

I'll love you forever, I'll love you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.

STOP GROWING MIGGIE MOO!
Stay my baby!

4 comments:

Devony said...

i just mostly love the last pic. such a charming picture. she's so cheerful. ha ha. snort. congrats megan!

Jessie said...

awwwwww she is just so precious and cuddly and sweet in that pic there. It's so clear why you want her to stay that way forever and ever. :)

Joelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heath and Jessica said...

The last pic reminds me of the faces that Devony used to pull, very much like Meghan's. Congrats Meghan!