Friday, February 8, 2008

Let the Drama Begin...


Meggie comes to my room Thursday night with some important news...mind you, she's in kindergarten.

"Mom, I have to talk to you." (closing the door all serious and quiet)
"What is it?"

"Mom, I have a boyfriend."
(sigh) "Oh, really?"

"Deanna broke up with him, so now he's MY boyfriend." "His name is Steven."
"Steven is a nice name, honey."

"I kissed him on the cheek."
"You kissed him, huh?"
"Yah, on the cheek and now he's my boyfriend."

Now it's Friday. Just 17 hours later. After class I ask her how things are with Steven.

"Honey, how's Steven today?"
(furrows form in her brow) "He broke up with me."

"What?!" "He dumped my baby girl?" "Where is he?" "I'll..."
"He's back with Deanna."

(snort) (sigh)

5 comments:

Jessie said...

AAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Devony said...

Oh the drama of kindergarten...

shontell said...

hahaa. that is great. Remember when Kristopher crossed Charleston to sit arm in arm with his girlfriend on a couch in her garage? He was in 2nd grade. My dad almost killed him.

melaroo said...

yeah, and he did more than sit arm in arm with her, thankyouverymuch. this is why my children are never allowed around girls until they're married.

Jenene said...

Whatever Jido did didn't help the cause, eh? Friggin singing terrorists don't know how to dicipline their children right! PK procreated with the first hot chick he could find since his 2nd grade, life-altering trauma, and turned out a kid that said nothing but "chis" the first year of his life. (snort)