Monday, May 18, 2009

Another GREAT Concert...

Bringing back the 80's. Sigh. Highschool, boyfriends, hanging out with friends, going to concerts, meeting Jon...that's what the 80's was all about for me. Saturday we took Olivia and our friend Jill to the 38 Special, REO Speedwagon, and Styx concert. Yay. TOTALLY GREAT CONCERT! Excellent seats! Lots of "people stuck in the 80's" entertainment around us! Here's some pics taken with my new camera and the great zoom lense. Click on the pics to see 'em bigger.

38 Special...Don Barnes and Donnie Vanzant

Cool Styx background videos

Styx...Tommy Shaw and James Young
Renegade
REO!

Yes, this is Carrot Top
Styx and REO jamming together

2 comments:

Devony said...

So what did Olivia think of the concert and your reactions? I always thought my dad was crazy about his "oldies" music when I was a kid. Then I grew up and realized it was cool!

Jenene said...

Heh heh...funny you should ask. At first she was a little shocked that I could clap and scream, then she kind of got into it. She mostly just sat there and watched the drummers and bass players. Those are her two instruments.
Overall, she said she liked it, but would have liked it more if it was a band she listened to. She's into 80's music, but not those 3 bands. She did download a couple Styx songs to her iPod when we got home, though!