Monday, September 22, 2008

The Boardman Gallery...

For EVER I have wanted to frame artwork my kids have brought home over the years and create a "gallery". I have a pile of great stuff from pre-school through present for each child...Ian is now 16, which gives you an idea of how long I've been thinking about this...so the pile is pretty big. I decided it was time to act, so over the past month I've been choosing and framing their pieces. My artistic guru, Jessie Baldwin, inspired me when I saw pics she posted of unframed canvas pictures of her kids and a mini gallery of her favorite art that she created in her house. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Boardman, we have 2-year-old pictures on canvas of each kidlet that I thought would be great to surround with their own artwork, so I decided to combine the two inspirations. I laid each piece on the floor of our living room so I could get the exact layout for the wall. Of course it was on the floor for over a month. Thankfully, it was in a room that we rarely walk through. Anyway, last night I decided it was time to actually put them up on the wall. I plan to change the pics periodically with the other ones that are still in "the pile", so it will always be changing.
These pieces bring back so many memories!

7 comments:

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

What a neat idea! Looks great :)

Heath and Jessica said...

I really like it! What a great idea!

Jessie said...

whoever gave you the idea for this is a freaking GENIUS.

Jenene said...

I KNOW!

Unknown said...

Great job I am so glad that you did it for your family. I know I cant wait to have my own gallery..good job I love it!

Devony said...

What a fun project! I love it!

Haylee Mecham said...

ok I love your wall. That is such a great idea. and it puts all those years together for lots of great memories!