Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Man is having some unwanted down time...

Time to take a break in posting about our vacation. I'll try to get more done this next week because we've got some beautiful Yellowstone pics to show you all!
Jon has been in the hospital twice this past week, beginning last Sunday. He has a severe infection that spread to his blood and required emergency surgery Friday after a follow-up visit at the doctor. He'll be in the hospital through next Friday and it's up in the air after that whether he'll come home or go to a managed care facility for a couple of weeks. Please keep us all in your prayers. The kids miss not having dad at home...I miss not having my husband at home...I hurt for him because he's in excrutiating pain and bed-bound for the next several days...the drugs and antibiotics he's receiving are giving him terrible reactions...this is emotionally draining on us all...we're worried about his leave running out at work...I'm exhausted from driving back/forth because he's at a hospital clear at the other end of town (although it's a VERY good hospital and definitely worth the drive)...AND between my knee surgery and this, our medical bills are piling!

Thank you Jessie, Erin, Shontell, and Melly for the visits, constant texting and prayers! I heart my friends! (even the haters...snicker)

Thanks to everyone else that has been praying, too! We totally believe in the power of prayer!

I'll keep you posted on his progress over the next week.

8 comments:

Jessie said...

Hugs Friend.
I heart you. And Haters.

melaroo said...

i heart haters, too. and neener. our prayers are with you guys. i'm here if you need me. (sorry i can't be THERE if you need me).

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

Oh my gosh Jenene! Please let us know what we can do to help. We'll definitely keep him & the rest of you guys in our prayers, but if you need anything else at all, ya know we're here :)

Heath and Jessica said...

Poor Jon! Heath & I will keep him in our prayers! Hopefully he will get better quickly!!!

Jenene said...

Thanks everyone! Love you all!

shontell said...

That picture doesnt clearly show his princess crown. What the hay?

Jenene said...

:::snort:::
it kept getting in the way of his oxygen mask, so they put it in a vault for safe keeping!

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you here! What you need is a McDonald's shake at 1am. Oh, crap, wait, they already cleaned the shake machine! Drat! :-)