Monday, June 23, 2008

Yay for me!

Our summer vacation...normally preparing for it consists of last-minute packing, frantic cleaning, and about 2 hours sleep before we leave. Sound familiar, friends? I can proudly say "Not this year!" Of course, now I've just jinxed myself.

We leave for Park City this Thursday. Because of my knee surgery a few weeks ago and also at Jon's urging, I decided to start getting ready early to reduce my stress level. Laundry and packing started Sunday morning and I'm done! We're all packed! Max is going to Reno the day after we get back and I've even packed HIS bag so I don't have to worry about it when we get home late the night before. It's sitting in his room all cute and happy looking, ready to go!

I have NEVER done this before. I've always wanted to, but it's never happened. Everything is now sitting out, ready to load in the car the night before so we can actually get up, brush our teeth, and drive away! Pray that this actually happens! With the Boardppl, something always happens at the last minute to delay our departure!

3 comments:

Heath and Jessica said...

I think it is genetic; my parents always have something come up too. Heath & I try not to have that happen, & have been fairly lucky, course without kids, that probably helps.

Joelle said...

YAY for you guys! It took us a whole extra day to pack. I wanted to leve at 8 am and we didn't leave until 3:30 pm. :( Hope your vaca is a blast. Ours is going super well!

Jessie said...

YAY! Have a great vacation. I already miss mine... haha