Sunday, October 7, 2007

I LOVE October!!!!!

October is one of my FAVORITE months! It's when God says, "It's time to change."
It's also when...football is in full swing, it's getting cool enough to leave windows open at night, the air smells different, the leaves are just beginning to drop, Halloween's just around the corner...I LOVE IT!

I peer out the window like the lady in the Mervyn's ad (open-open-open) impatiently waiting for all the yellow and orange leaves to hit the ground so we can make piles and all go run through them! I also start craving pumpkin pie with whipping cream and sliced apples with Marzetti's Carmel Dip...mmm mmm mmm!
As soon as I see pumpkins in the store I get all excited! I want to start wearing my way-comfy sweaters and long-sleeved shirts, even though it's still 90 degrees here in Vegas during the day! I want to decorate for Halloween! I want to head to the orchard and let the kids pick pumpkins and squash! I want to drag Jon and the kids to Utah so we can see the leaves turn (whether they want to or not)! I want fire in the fireplace! I want cobbler! I want to play football at the park! I want to trick-or-treat just for the candy! I want...I want...I want!!!
Ooo, I can't WAIT for Halloween!!!

2 comments:

Devony said...

Wow, that's an impressive pumpkin, but you're right - fall is awesome! Come enjoy it in Colorado! The air is turning a bit crisp and it's beautiful!

Dennis said...

I have alwasys wondered if others actually read others blogs. Thank You for taking the time and commenting. God Bless!