Monday, December 15, 2008

My not-so nightmare before Christmas!

Today my second baby, lover of all things Jack and Sally, turned 14. Not due until January 1st, Olivia Danielle was our 7 lb., 8 oz., early Christmas present! She woke me up with a dam burst at 7:30 a.m., then barely allowed us to get to the hospital. I remember hitting construction about 1/2 mile from St. Rose and literally standing up in the front of the van because the contractions were coming so hard and fast! I got to a room, put on a gown, rolled in to the bed demanding an epidural, then hollering to the nurse that I have to push...all within 6 minutes! GRRRR. She didn't believe me, called the doctor in who casually lifted my gown to see how far I had dialated only to be greated by my daughter's head! I looked at the nurse and said "Now do you believe me?" "I HAVE TO PUSH!" One push later she was out, 8:40 a.m. , one hour and ten minutes after my water broke. This little darling had a ginormous head, so momma wasn't happy about not receiving the drugs! Our little sissy is such a joy. We're so glad you're part of our family! You're full of sass and I wouldn't have you any other way! You're beautiful, talented, creative, smart, funny, and you get your parents.

Happy birthday, Sis! We love you so much!

4 comments:

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

Happy Birthday Olivia. Can't believe you're 14! Hope you had a great day.

I'm pretty sure every thought I had of trying to go w/out drugs this time just flew out the window!!!

Heath and Jessica said...

Wow! I can't believe she is all ready 14! How time flies! Happy birthday Olivia!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Sissy, too! Happy 14th Olivia!! I miss you!

Haylee Mecham said...

Wow! I cant believe it only took one push... That would be awesome! But no drugs... I don't even want to imagine! I can't believe she 14! time does fly